3 Golden Rules Of Link Building:
1. Get links from web pages that are read by the audience you want to target.
- For example, if you are a real estate agent you want to be in front of home buyers not just other real estate agents. Ask yourself, “where are the home buyers on the Internet?” If you are stumped on this one you may want to rethink your real estate career. There are “potential” home buyers everywhere, but where are the true home buyers? Two words for you… Try Forums
2. Buy links if visitors that come from the links will lead to a return on investment.
- There is nothing wrong with paying for links to your site. If someone you know or don’t know for that matter has a site that attracts potential home buyers and sellers go ahead and pay for a link/ad on that site. Let me know if you can’t find any.
3. Link to sites you think your visitors will find useful… even if it takes them away from your site!
- When you link to another site don’t worry about the visitor never returning to your site. If you provided them with another valuable site they are more likely to revisit your site because you are a good point of reference. If you really want to make sure they don’t lose you ask them to “bookmark this site” or provide a link that does not take them to the other site in the same window as the current page. Not sure how to do this? Let me know.
Link building isn’t rocket science.
For More SEO tips post a comment… ask a question… or just subscribe to this blog to get them via email!